Tetris Twist Unblocked is a modern version of the old classic Tetris game. It is made by the same company as the original. Start completing the levels by clearing the required number of lines. Do it quickly to reach a high score. Can you unlock the marathon mode by reaching level 10?
- A twist on traditional Tetris gameplay
- 5 major cities to discover and unlock
- 100 levels with new challenges
- Marathon Mode for traditional Tetris gameplay
- Deceptively simple, completely addictive puzzles
Tetris Twist Release Date
May 19, 2016
Tetris Twist Gameplay
- Marathon Mode – Play standard Tetris
- Level Mode – Play levels with unique twists
If the player tops out, they have the option to watch an ad to have half their stack removed and continue playing. It can be played with either mouse or keyboard.
Level features 100 unique challenges, which are divided up by city in an overworld map. Each city has 20 levels.
Level Mode cities:
Moscow—the last city the player can reach—includes no levels, only the message “More levels coming soon”.
Clearing each level will award the player 1-3 stars depending on the score attained. Unlocking a city requires the player to accumulate enough stars in the previous cities.
Tetris Twist is an officially licensed web-based single-player Tetris game. It’s available in Japanese and English, and it can be played with keyboard or mouse. The game consists of 100 missions whereas the goal in each mission is to surpass a certain score. After beating those missions one can also play a 150 lines Marathon game.
A mission takes about 20 lines to complete and up to 3 stars are rewarded for surpassing certain scores. Combos are not rewarded; T-Spins score the highest per cleared line. Gravity stays pretty low but players are challenged by the following gameplay mechanics:
- Garbage Lines: Garbage rises from the bottom after a certain amount of pieces dropped. Those lines will most-likely contain more than one hole; garbage blocks are colored black.
- Plus Sign Cells: The player has to clear a line involving that cell. Usually, it means the player has to clear a line in a certain height. However, the line is not counted, if the cell is filled with a black block.
- Field Flip: The content of the field is rotated by 180 degrees. Afterwards, the pieces fall to the ground and a cascade reaction happens.
- Vertical Mirroring: An upside-down cascade reaction happens (all pieces rise to the top). Afterwards, the player has to play upside down until this effect is recurs a second time.