Tetris Unblocked is a modern version of the old classic Tetris game. It is made by the same company as the original. Start completing the levels by clearing the required number of lines. Do it quickly to reach a high score. Can you unlock the marathon mode by reaching level 10?
- A twist on traditional Tetris gameplay
- 5 major cities to discover and unlock
- 100 levels with new challenges
- Marathon Mode for traditional Tetris gameplay
- Deceptively simple, completely addictive puzzles
Tetris Unblocked Release Date
May 19, 2016
Tetris Unblocked Gameplay
- Marathon Mode – Play standard Tetris
- Level Mode – Play levels with unique twists
If the player tops out, they have the option to watch an ad to have half their stack removed and continue playing. It can be played with either mouse or keyboard.
Level features 100 unique challenges, which are divided up by city in an overworld map. Each city has 20 levels.
Level Mode cities:
Moscow—the last city the player can reach—includes no levels, only the message “More levels coming soon”.
Clearing each level will award the player 1-3 stars depending on the score attained. Unlocking a city requires the player to accumulate enough stars in the previous cities.
Tetris Unblocked is an officially licensed web-based single-player Tetris game. It’s available in Japanese and English, and it can be played with keyboard or mouse. The game consists of 100 missions whereas the goal in each mission is to surpass a certain score. After beating those missions one can also play a 150 lines Marathon game.
A mission takes about 20 lines to complete and up to 3 stars are rewarded for surpassing certain scores. Combos are not rewarded; T-Spins score the highest per cleared line. Gravity stays pretty low but players are challenged by the following gameplay mechanics:
- Garbage Lines: Garbage rises from the bottom after a certain amount of pieces dropped. Those lines will most-likely contain more than one hole; garbage blocks are colored black.
- Plus Sign Cells: The player has to clear a line involving that cell. Usually, it means the player has to clear a line in a certain height. However, the line is not counted, if the cell is filled with a black block.
- Field Flip: The content of the field is rotated by 180 degrees. Afterwards, the pieces fall to the ground and a cascade reaction happens.
- Vertical Mirroring: An upside-down cascade reaction happens (all pieces rise to the top). Afterwards, the player has to play upside down until this effect is recurs a second time.
What is the purpose of Tetris Unblocked?
The goal of the game is to prevent the blocks from stacking up to the top of the screen for as long as possible. Subsequent versions of the game included different modes of play and unique twists, but the overall game play usually mirrored the original Tetris quite closely.
How do you play the game Tetris Unblocked?
Eliminate four lines at once and you officially achieve a Tetris Line Clear. Before a Tetrimino reaches the bottom of the Matrix, you can move and rotate this shape to fit your desired position. Keep in mind that moving your Tetrimino shapes depends on which device you use to play Tetris.
What type of game is Tetris Unblocked?
Tetris is a puzzle game in which geometric shapes called “tetrominoes” fall down onto a playing field, and the player has to arrange them to form gapless lines.
Why was Tetris so popular?
It’s not only enjoyable to play, but it also brings back good memories. For many, it was the first video game they played, and that’s how their love for gaming started. Even after moving on to more advanced and challenging productions, Tetris will always be the one to make you feel nostalgic.
Who invented Tetris?
Pajitnov, Creator of Tetris. A lifelong love of puzzles and strategy gaming has led Moscow-born (April 16, 1955) Alexey Pajitnov to worldwide recognition as one of the computer game industry’s most renowned game designers.
Is playing Tetris good for your brain?
In 1992, neuroscientist Richard Haier led studies that showed how practiced players required less mental activity – a lower glucose metabolic rate, to be precise – to play the game at harder, faster levels. Tetris had made their brains more efficient. It can even affect the shape of your grey matter.
Tetris Unblocked is a modern version of the old classic Tetris game. It is made by the same company as the original.
Price Currency: USD
Operating System: Web Browser
Application Category: Game